What is the Spartan 4 Life Challenge?
This is true even of this challenge, which is inspired by the Whole Life Challenge and Spartan Race . The goal is to unlearn the bad habits you have learned through life, to help hold each other accountable and to show that living a healthy life style will make you feel and exist much better! You don’t really feel as good as you can, you just don’t know it yet…
With that in mind we have developed the Spartan 4 Life challenge.. It is 8 weeks of life decisions that will help you change up your frame of reference and let you have a little fun too! It is a challenge after all, it is not intended to be easy! And there will be prizes!
- Be honest! You are a Spartan after all! Each day you will go in an fill out the Challenge Form which will record your points and information directly into the database. As far as nutrition goes you will follow the guide based on your level (Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced) and you start with 5 points. You then lose points for each bad choice you make. (Let us clarify that a little bit… Lets say you cannot have dairy, if at one meal you have cheese and milk, you only lose 1 point.)
- Points! The total number of points you can accrue per week is 78. Record EVERY day, each day you do not record points in a week costs you 2 points from your total in addition to the lost points for the day
- Hold each other accountable! On the Challenge Results page you can search by person or by date and view others scores. Harass one another, in a Spartan way not in a mean way!
- Challenges: Challenge items can be completed every day for an extra point, some are weekly and can only be recorded on the last day of the week (Sunday) Please read the information on the form when filling it out.
- Body Fat %: We have linked to a BF calculator under the challenge menu. It is not scientific and not intended to be so, if you follow the program the numbers there will change and thats all we care about is measuring progress.
You must record your benchmark workout time and results the FIRST time you submit a form. After that you will only be REQUIRED to do it again at the end of the challenge, however if you want to keep it updated weekly or any other way feel free. You have 12 minutes to complete as many reps as possible.
- 800m run (Only do this once)
- 35 Burpees
- 35 Situps
- 35 Squats
- 35 Pushups
- 25 Burpees
- 25 Situps
- 25 Squats
- 25 Pushups
- 15 Burpees
- 15 Situps
- 15 Squats
- 15 Pushups
Penalties are assessed on a weekly basis based on your weekly score. Your penalties will be messages to you and you will be expected to complete them as quickly as possible. Penalties are as follows.
- 00-20 Points = 100 Burpees
- 27-40 Points = 75 Burpees
- 41-50 Points = 50 Burpees
- 51-70 Points = 0 Burpees
First things first is you need to take your starting measurements and fill out the Initial Measurement Form under the challenge tab. Then complete the benchmark workout and have it ready to record with your first day of challenge results!
Measurements are done as follows.
- Left and right bicep relaxed at peak
- Left and right thigh measure from 6 inches above the top of the knee
- Waist at belly button
- Waist at top of hips